The inventory of “homes for sale” in the Rancho Bernardo area of San Diego has picked up this week from that of February 2013. In the 92128 zip code for example, which Rancho Bernardo is a part of, there were 41 detached “homes for sale” compared to this years’ 71 detached “homes for sale”. It may be slow but inventory is definitely increasing. That’s good news for Buyers, giving a greater selection of choice. Last week, a listing came up in Mirador at Oaks North, a 55+ community for $449,000. This week another home with the same floor plan, a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, 1,286 square feet, also came up for sale. The newer listing in Mirador is listed about $25,000 above the one listed last week, for $475,000. Which one did I like best? The home listed for $449,000 had a great golf course view and it had been freshly painted. The other home listed for $475,000 was very nicely upgraded but the view was just fair. From the patio you could see just neighborhood roof tops but no views of the golf course. I would buy the lower priced home with the better view. You would be able to make all the upgrades you wanted but would never be able to change the location. The point here is that location of a home should be its primary consideration. Right now there are 6 homes for sale in Mirador. The prices range from $449,000 to $554,900. Here is a link to all the Oaks North homes for sale
On the Broker’s Tour this week there were two new listings of “homes for sale” in Bernardo Heights. The first is a home in Bernardo Vistas. The home is in great condition. It’s a 4 bedroom, 3 bath detached home. It’s landscaping was very nice but there was an unusually shaped spa on the side of the house. I thought it was just a nice water feature, like a pond, but it was a spa. The home is listed for $725,000 to $750,000.
The next home is a great opportunity for someone wanting to live in a gated community in Bernardo Heights and didn’t mind doing a little work. The home is located in The Village. This is a gated community with its own swimming pool. Residents also belong to the Bernardo Heights community center. The home feels dated and needs some cosmetic updating including removing old wall paper and having new carpet installed. The home contains 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, 1,619 square feet and a 2 car garage. It is listed for $539,000 and has a great location! The home looks out on the Bernardo Heights golf course. It’s adjoining home is down sloped so you only see the roof of the home.
Click here for all the homes for sale in Bernardo Heights
This week there were only 9 homes for sale, on tour, in Rancho Bernardo. All homes on tour this week were great. Below are the homes that made my top 3 list.
The first home is in Seven Oaks, a 55+ Community, on a cul-de-sac lot. The home is highly remodeled starting at the front door. The kitchen was outstanding with granite counters, beautiful cabinets and stainless steel appliances. There is beautiful hardwood flooring in the living room. This home is in move-in condition. The home is a 2 bedroom 2 bath home, about 1,770 square feet for $545,000. Here is a link to this home.
The next home is located in Mirador at Oaks North, another 55+ Community in Rancho Bernardo. This Mirador home has an excellent golf course view. The home has been freshly painted and the old “pop corn” ceiling has been removed. The home is a 2 bedroom 2 bath home with a 2 car garage, about 1,286 square feet. The home is listed for $449,000. Here is a link to this home.
Eastview is always my favorite neighborhood to visit. I love the views you have from some of the Eastview homes. I’m always disappointed when I show up and there is no view or an obstructed view. Well I was not disappointed today. The home on Adena Lane, has an excellent view of Rancho Bernardo, including the golf course. The home itself is an attached single level home. It is attached only on one side. It’s considered a twin home or duplex. The home has been remodeled with granite counters and stainless steel appliances. The home is a 2 bedroom 2 bath home with a 2 car garage, about 1,400 square feet. It is listed for $539,000. Last week in Eastview I toured the same floor plan on Devereux Road. This home was also totally remodeled but had pine trees obstructing the view. Even so, it was still a nice view. This home is listed for $499,000 to $539,000. I liked the home on Devereux Road better than Adena Lane BUT I loved the view on Adena Lane. Here is link to the current homes for sale in Eastview.
Remember, good homes go fast so if you see a home you like give me a call today at 858-603-2895.
Thursday is Broker’s Caravan Day in Rancho Bernardo. It is a great opportunity for agents to see the new listings of homes for sale in Rancho Bernardo. In a short 2 hour window I can see anywhere from 10 to 15 homes. Here are my top picks of the week.
1. A great starter or retirement home in the Alameda subdivision. The community is located off of Pomerado Road just north of Rancho Bernardo Rd. This is a 2 bedroom 2 bath 1,056 sq. ft. home in great condition. It is a single level attached home but not really attached. It was originally a 3 bedroom but one bedroom was removed opening up the living area. There are no common walls. It feels just like a detached single family home. It’s a “must see”, in great condition and priced at only $329,900. Here is a link
2. Oaks North 55+ Community offers a single family detached home in perfect condition. This home is beautifully upgraded. It has a “wow” factor when you walk in the front door with a very open living area. It is over 2,000 square feet with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. It is listed for $595,000. Here is a link
3. Seven Oaks 55+ Community has a single level attached condo very similar to the first home in Alameda. There is no one located above you. The location felt very private. I really liked both the floor plan and the upgrades. It has a beautifully upgraded kitchen and baths. This home is priced at $240,000. Here is a link
The homes above were my top 3 picks. Other homes worth mentioning were two homes in The Greens. Both homes were 1,964 square feet, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths with family room additions. The home on Frontera Road has a pool and a huge yard backing to the 13th green. Here is a link for homes in the Greens
There is also a very nice home available in Los Rios at Bernardo Heights. It is the same floor plan as the listing I had on Caminito Corriente but without a golf course view. Here is a link
Click here to search for all the homes for sale in Rancho Bernardo. If you would like to tour any of the homes please give me a call at 858-603-2895.
Bernardo Heights is one of my favorite neighborhoods in Rancho Bernardo. Home prices in Bernardo Heights were up in 2013. The average sales price for a detached home sold in 2013 was up just over 11% from 2012.
See all the Bernardo Heights homes for sale here
- 90 homes sold, up from 71 homes selling in 2012
- 23% of the homes sold were 2 bedroom homes
- 9 short sales sold, up from 4 short sales sold in 2012
- The average sold price per square foot was $304, up from $266 in 2012
- The average sold price was $600,000, up from $540,000 in 2013
- The lowest price sold was a 2 bedroom, 2 bath home having 1,194 sq. ft. in Woodcrest Heights for $416,000
- The highest price paid was $1,175,000 for a 4,680 square foot home, Fairway Pointe home
Attached Homes and Condos
- 73 units sold, down from 78 in 2012
- There were 12 short sales, down by 50% from 2012
- The average sold price per square foot was $266 up from $215
- The average sold price was $375,000, up from $301,000
- The lowest price paid was $220,000 for a bank foreclosure, a 2 bedroom, 2 bath home containing 1,032 square feet
- The highest price paid was $619,900 for a 2,161 square foot Los Rios twin home
What to expect in 2014? If inventory of Bernardo Heights homes for sale remains low, prices will continue to climb. I think there will be short sales as prices are still below the peak. Bernardo Heights is a great area to live with a wonderful community center. The homes are older mostly built in the 1980′s, some need updating. You need to weigh newer homes versus no mello roos. There are a number of two bedroom homes which make great starter homes or retirement homes. If you need help finding a Bernardo Heights home just give me a call at 858-603-2895.